Wow! Another year has come and gone. The start of not only a new year, but a new decade!
Many have participated in all of the new year trends like establishing goals, picking words, and laying out vision boards. Have you seen the ”20 in 20” trend that’s hanging around social media? It’s simple, a list of 20 things you want to do in 2020. We thought it would be fun to join with our Wagley Group friends to create a “bucket list” of things we are looking forward to in 2020.
In an attempt to inspire you to create your very own 20 in 20 list, we thought we’d share 20 fun and exciting things with you. The important thing is to be realistic, what are you actually capable of in one year. Take a look and let us know a few things that you’d like to do this year.
- Tune in to the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Go USA!
- Gaming isn’t for everybody, but for those who are avid gamers in the gaming scene, Playstation 5 will hit the market before the holiday season!
- The easily accessible Heritage DNA tests seem to be all the trend – AncestryDNA, MyHeritage, 23andMe, FamilyTree DNA – take a test and find out your roots!
- Get out and VOTE! It’s an election year, this is an important time in US history and the outcome will affect us all.
- Visit the Washington Monument this fall when it reopens after a three year closure for updates.
- Looking to travel? The Great South American Solar Eclipse will shade the region in brief darkness on December 14.
- Another traveling opportunity could take you to Dubai this year as the Aladdin City development marks it’s completion. The city will feature three towers and is designed to resemble Aladdin’s magic lamp. All three towers are linked by bridges and walkways!
- In 2006, Yahoo invited people to place digital artifacts of what life was like in a virtual time capsule. This year Yahoo will be turning 25 and the plan is to “digitally” crack open the time capsule. Remember MySpace? There will without a doubt be a few MySpace that will be unveiled.
- 2020 is the year of the perfect vision puns, take the puns to heart and be sure to get in an appointment with your eye doctor this year!
- Everyone loves a good movie! Grab a friend, some candy, and a big bucket of popcorn and hit the cinema for a viewing of Mulan, Legally Blonde 3, or Sonic the Hedgehog!
- Read a book. Or 20. 2020 seems like a good year to tackle 20 books! You can do it!
- Are you a music lover? Celine Dion, Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift, Elton John, and Ozzy Osbourne will all have some tour dates for the pickings!
- If you’re a Gatsby lover you’re bound to hit one (or more) Great Gatsby themed parties this year – or at least a few Roaring ‘20s themed parties!
- Baseball gurus across the country will be vying for one of 8,000 tickets for a special “Field of Dreams” inspired game in Dyersville, Iowa. The field, a corn field is located near the site of the original Field of Dreams movie set. The New York Yankees and the Chicago White Sox are sure to bring a great show, will you be one of the lucky few to snag a ticket? If not, no worries, there is lots of buzz about lots of other special events surrounding the game that will be open to the public.
- Make 2020 all about learning new skills! Sign up for all the classes, watch the tutorials, and read all of the how-tos – learn new tips and tricks and hone in on existing talents.
- It will a blast from the past for Motorola lovers, will you be joining in the party? Early this year Motorola will be releasing a high tech flip phone!
- If musicals are more your thing, a few shows to be sure to watch for include: “13 Going on 30,” “The Devil Wears Prada,” and “Bombshell,” which is a production based on “Smash.”
- We really should always focus on this, but we always seem to fail, so 2020 seems like a great time to have a fresh start. Stay hydrated this year! Water doesn’t taste great, but it’s the secret to good skin and health! Set a goal each day and be sure to ‘chug’ down on that goal!
- Donate! Blood, money, time, you choose (or all of the above) – don’t leave 2020 without giving!
- Every four years we are granted an extra calendar day because of leap years. 2020 is one of those years, celebrate the day and leap into a night of fun with your family!
2020 is going to be a great year and we, here at The Wagley Group can’t wait to share this new year and this new decade with all of you! Happy New Year friends!