Requirements of Executive Order:
- All in-person meetings with sellers and showings must be done by appointment.
- All persons must maintain a 6-foot social distance at all times.
Additional mitigation measures to consider:
- Use photographs, virtual showings and floor plans to help buyer clients narrow down their housing needs and wants prior to any in-person showings. Provide marketing materials electronically in advance of a showing. Encourage buyers to be pre-approved.
- Avoid consecutive multiple showings and overlapping appointments.
- Encourage sellers not to be present during the showing and to turn on all of the lights and leave interior doors, drapes and blinds open before leaving.
- Recommend that sellers clean and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces prior to and after the showing.
- Agents are encouraged to meet their clients at the home for a showing and clients are asked to wait in their cars until the agent arrives.
- The use of masks and gloves are encouraged while viewing a home and buyers are asked to refrain from touching any surfaces.
- Limit attendance at showings to those who need to view the home. Properly dispose of show covers/gloves in an appropriate receptacle provided by the seller before continuing to another showing. Avoid hanging around to discuss a home while outside the property.